Young Supply Chain Professional
“Solving various process-related challenges in two years’ time. For clients around the world. With the Districon Young Talent Program you develop in record time into a qualified supply chain professional”
Your career in the supply chain makes a flying start at Districon. Not only because of challenging assignments, for example about international air freight traffic. But also because you fully participate in projects from day one in the Young Talent Program. Roughly every six months you start with a new challenge in the field of warehousing, supply chain management, distribution or sales & operations.
Part of the Young Talent Program is a bi-weekly training day with all Young Supply Chain Professionals. Your personal development is central these days: you learn to use your skills effectively. But also everything about interpreting logistical data and the right tactics for developing challenging supply chain cases. You use your talents for projects like:
- reducing the percentage of damaged bouquets during transport for Bloomon
- devising a commercial plan for building new distribution centers for Action
- create a planning tool for the most efficient supply of Nike products in their distribution center, or for Pearle eyewear in their stores
Working at Districon
Join in! For more than 40 years, Districon has worked with organizations worldwide to develop and solve strategies and issues for integrated supply chain management. We enjoy challenges, the harder the better. We go for the best result.
Our logistics nerve center is the old post office of Maarssen. We’ve converted this building into a stylish modern office. Right next to the A2, so it’s easily accessible. Are you coming by public transport? Maarssen station is a 15-minute walk away.
You continue until you see the right solution. You are flexible (like to go abroad and love a changing workplace) and ask your colleague(s) for help if you hit a bump in the road. Our consultants are eager to help you: your development is our priority.
In addition, as a Young Supply Chain Professional you are:
- ambitious; you always go for the best result
- curious; continues to the core of the issue
- empathic; you think along with the client
Your basis consists of:
- A completed WO education in Supply Chain, (Technical) Business Administration, Operations Management or Mechanical Engineering
- Some work experience (a half to 3 years) gained during or after your study
- Excellent proficiency of both Dutch and English.
What do you get from us?
Within Districon, you are part of a warm and inspiring environment. We complement hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports outings and a weekend trip with the whole company once every two years. A good work-life balance is our priority.
Because most of our clients are internationally active, chances are that you regularly go to Africa, Madrid or Croatia for a few days. Or you can gain experience for a short time at our new offices in Chicago and Singapore.
And you also get:
- a salary in line with the market with the possibility to grow quickly
- participation in the Districon Development Program (coaching and training)
- possibility to work from home
- 26 vacation days
- smartphone, laptop and (if necessary) car.
Want to apply?
Do you have questions about the vacancy Young Supply Chain Professional? Erwin Faber, Managing Director Districon (Advisory), is happy to answer them. He can be reached via +316 31 77 19 86 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you already decided that you can’t wait to meet our supply chain experts? Mail your CV and motivation to email@example.com directed to Irene Grave, Office Manager. You will receive a first response within 3 working days.