For our expanding business in the United States we are looking for a Supply Chain Optimization Consultant, who wants to join our Chicago based team.
As a Supply Chain Optimization Consultant, you will be responsible to help our customers solve their supply chain challenges. This could be by helping them with getting more insights in their data or by building complex models to support our customers with making important decisions, such as “should they buy a certain facility?”. The work we do with our clients are project-based, this means you will have the opportunity to experience difference business and get insights in different supply chain.
Next to the project work, you will also get responsibilities in business development. Think about setting up and giving demos, preparing material for conferences, and talking to potential clients. As we work project-based it is important for us to get new clients and keep on generating work.
Districon Solutions is a supply chain consultancy company. The focus for Districon Solutions is building tailor made solutions within the supply chain by using optimization and modelling skills. Our US office is based in Evanston and directly next to a subway station. We also have offices in The Netherlands (main office) and Singapore.
Districon Solution is part of Districon and while the solutions department has only have been around for a couple of years in the US, Districon have been active for more than 40 years in the field of supply chain. Districon thinks and works globally, developing new supply chain strategies and creating supply chain solutions. From strategy to implementation, realistic, energetic, and always focused on operating results.
In the supply chain arena, we are one of the largest specialized providers of advisory, solutions and professionals. Districon is the leading and largest such supply chain specialty firm in the Netherlands drawing upon the Dutch centuries’ long heritage of efficient and effective supply chain planning and management.
Our strength is to streamline, to accelerate and to enrich processes. In short, we optimize the flow of goods, from producer to consumer, or reversed, from consumer back to the source.
What we are looking for
- Academic master’s degree or higher in Operations Research, Mathematics or Supply Chain
- Customer focus and drive for results
- Curious, more practical than theoretical and can think out of the box
- Good communication skills and representativeness
- Can work independently on projects, but is as well a powerful team player who wants to work on a wide variety of projects
- Affinity with modelling or ICT
- Starters and people with relevant working experience
- Living in or willingness to live in the Chicago/Evanston area in Illinois
- Experience with AIMMS (pre)
- Willingness to travel, both for incidental trips to our office in Maarssen (Netherlands), or to US clients (mainly in the Mid-West and North-East)
What we offer
- Challenging projects
- Open and respectful environment
- Freedom to take own responsibilities and initiatives
- Flexible hours
- Health, vision and life insurance coverage
- Complimentary breakfast at the office
- Discount on gym membership
When you are interested or have specific questions, please send your resume, short motivation letter and contact details via email to Sander van Lokven: firstname.lastname@example.org.